Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Workshop
Join us for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Workshop. Course opens Tuesday, January 25 and meets virtually Tuesdays in February 2022.
Become a Diversity Champion: Four-Week Module Workshop in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion!
The certificate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a partnership between the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and University Engagement, the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, and the Division of Continuing and Extended Education. In this workshop you will:
- Review the current and historical complexities of diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and belonging.
- Understand how the role of “self” and how “self” operates, both consciously and unconsciously, to use oneself to influence others in the service of DE&I change.
- Explore some of the prevalent psychological tendencies that can produce impediments to an inclusive work environment.
- Understand the critical, yet often invisible, role that power dynamics play and its direct relationship to diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and belonging.
- Learn to effectively provide and cultivate and inclusive workplace environment through an understanding of group dynamics and conflict management skills.
- Identify organizational interventions compatible with the culture and level of commitment.
Tuesday, February 22 at 5:30pm to 7:00pmVirtual Event