Odyssey Online After School: Film Fundamentals
March 9-April 27, 2021
8-Week Course of Weekly Online Sessions -- Tuesdays, 4:00-7:00pm
Course Fee: $600
Presented by the Cleveland State University School of Film & Media Arts, this eight-week interactive online course for students aged 13-18 teaches skills in:
• Film Analysis
• Story Development
Over the course of eight weeks, students learn the fundamentals of film production through lectures and interactive activities conducted on Zoom by an expert instructor from the School of Film & Media Arts. While working on fun assignments designed to spark creativity, students will also hear from an array of industry professionals who will provide pointers and advice about careers in film. Students will also learn the fundamentals of film analysis by viewing curated films each week and breaking down their elements during instructor-led discussions. Online camp counselors will also be available during dedicated office hours to the guide the students through the creative process and an online discussion group allows students to connect with each other outside of class sessions.
At the completion of the course, students will have created an original short film that will be screened at an online film festival, to be held on Tuesday, April 27.
• Students should be prepared to dedicate 5 hours per week for this course.
• Students are required to supply their own technology – camera, sound, and editing – for this class.
• Students can shoot with their own prosumer camera, DSLR or cell phone that can shoot high quality footage.
• Students must use a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam, microphone, and audio capability.
• This online course works best with a fast, reliable internet connection, and requires Chrome web browser.
This program is made possible by a generous gift from Lee and Ageleke Zapis.
Tuesday, April 27 at 4:00pm to 7:00pmVirtual Event