A Beautiful Lawn Organically
Want a thick green lawn this summer? Wondering how to do that without chemicals?
Mel Hauser, Community Outreach Coordinator at Good Nature Organic Lawn Care, will share tips for a lush and healthy lawn WITHOUT using chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Mel's presentation "A Beautiful Lawn Organically” will cover:
- Is spring the perfect time for lawncare?
- Why go organic? Is it really better?
- How to properly mow and water your lawn
- Replacing those chemical lawn applications with natural products
- How to make sure it's REALLY "organic"
- Some interesting "blades" of knowledge like "What do WWII and lawn care have in common?" and "Why does the Grass always look greener on the other side of the Fence?"
Those attending will have a chance to win a "Natural Lawn Repair Kit" with everything needed to take care of those bare areas, before the weeds do!
Sponsored by the CSU Office of Sustainability and the Michael Schwartz Library Sustainability Interest Group .
Tuesday, March 26 at 11:30am to 12:30pm
Rhodes Tower, 325